Temporary, 6 month full time position, from May 15, 2014
YPARD is an international movement by Young Professionals for Young Professionals for Agricultural Development. It operates as a network; it is not a formalized institution. This global on-line and off-line communication and discussion platform is meant to enable YPs all over the world to realize their full potential and contribute towards innovative agricultural development.
YPARD has four strategic objectives: 1) to facilitate exchange of information and knowledge among young professionals across disciplines, professions, age and regions; 2) to broaden opportunities for young professionals to contribute to strategic policy debates in agricultural development; 3) to promote agriculture among young people, and 4) to facilitate access to resource and capacity building opportunities.
We are looking for a dynamic Web and Communications Officer to help us fulfil these objectives
Web and Communications Officer
Based in Rome
- Feed and update YPARD website, making it more interactive and up-to-date with the latest events, news and blogs in three languages
- Edit/proofread blog posts submitted by members and create original content
- Develop innovative, web based events for YPARD members using a range of multimedia
- Assist in supporting members and representatives to implement region-specific web-based events
- Assist in supporting the four YPARD regional coordinators in managing their regional websites
- Support the development of YPARD as a hub for youth and agriculture organisations through linkages and collaborations with other organisations online
- Supervise the web development interns and their work
- Increase the number of active members in the network and encourage greater online participation
- Manage social media accounts
- Manage the monthly e-newsletter, obtaining stories and information from regional representatives and members
- Respond to requests for information/support by YPARD
- Provide support for regional reporting and communications documents
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop monthly M&E reports for the website and social media
- Assist with organising workshops and meetings
- Assist in arranging travel for supported YPARD members
- General administrative duties where required
The web and communications officer reports to the YPARD web and communications manager and will provide additional support to the Global Coordination Unit.
Requirements for the position
- Strong flair and passion for communications, community management and youth-in-agriculture empowerment
- At least 1 year demonstrated experience in web and information management, communications and administration
- Experience in organising online events and mobilising online communities
- Understanding of International Agricultural Development issues
- Good administrative skills
- BSc/BA and preferably an MSc in development, natural resources management, agronomy, or related subjects
- Proficiency in English is required (proven ability to write articles and reports). Proficiency in Spanish particularly, and knowledge of French, is a strong asset
- Capable to work independently and able to deliver with respect to deadlines
- Be member of YPARD and have a strong understanding of what we do: http://ypard.net/user/register
- Be less than 40 years old
The position offers interesting and challenging work and an opportunity to be innovative and creative in the field of Agricultural Development.
Please send CVs and covering letter (no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 23rd March, with subject line [WEB&COMM. officer]. You will be informed about the receipt of your application by March 25th.
You may like have a look at the tips we put together for you on How to apply for an opportunity—successfully!
Picture credit: Leonardo Barbosa, Brazil; "Araras"