The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), in cooperation with World Economy, invites submissions of unpublished papers looking at Globalization and the Environment in Asia for the World Economy Workshop on Globalization and the Environment in Tokyo.
The workshop dates are 26-27 September 2017.
Both theoretical and empirical research papers with policy orientations are welcome provided that findings, conclusions, and policy recommendations are based on solid evidence and analysis. Manuscripts can focus on Asia as a whole, a group of countries, or individual economies.
Anyone can apply for the workshop but the presenter must be a citizen of ADB member countries.
Submission of papers dealing with but NOT limited to the following topics are welcome:
- Trade, resources, and the environment;
- International investment and the environment;
- International migration and the environment;
- Policy designs and reforms on trade and the environment in Asian economies.
ADBI will cover the following costs:
- Registration, flight, and hotel costs;
- A small lump-sum payment for one presenter of every accepted paper;
- Selected papers from the workshop will be considered for publication in the special issue of World Economy or an edited book volume.
How to apply?
Keep in mind the following application deadlines:
- Deadline for submission of complete paper(s): 1 August 2017;
- Decisions by academic committee on submissions: 31 August 2017;
- Workshop date: 26-27 September 2017.
Submissions with brief author bios should be emailed to email@example.com.
Picture credit: ADB