Dual Citizen LLC, publisher of the Global Green Economy Index (GGEI), seeks a short-term consultant to participate in a strategic review of the GGEI during the first-half of 2014. This consultant will work remotely while collaborating with other participants in the review process based in Washington, DC. The consultant will produce a short report synthesizing their findings from the engagement with focus on how these insights should inform the 4th edition of the GGEI to be published in the fall of 2014. The majority of the consultant’s work associated with the engagement will take place in March 2014. GGEI is an analytic tool designed to help stakeholders in the green economy better understand how strategic communications can advance green economic growth. The GGEI is unique for combining in-depth analysis of national green performance withperception of that performance.Duties & ResponsibilitiesThe consultant will be primarily responsible for providing an objective, outsider perspective on the GGEI. This includes an assessment of its current positioning and a more detailed review of how the GGEI is structured and which main topics and datasets included. This work should be conducted with an appreciation for how stakeholders use products like the GGEI and how their needs may evolve or change during the coming years. More specifically, the consultant will:1. Develop a work plan for the short engagement confirming the sequence of tasks envisioned by the consultant with an appreciation for how these tasks enhance the broader goals of the strategic review.2. Consider the current positioning of the GGEI in the context of other similar indices and the evolving needs of stakeholders with regards to strategic communications and analytics in the green economy.3. Review the GGEI structure, main topic areas considered, underlying datasets and index calculation methods.4. Produce a short report no longer than 15 pages synthesizing these findings in a manner that enhances the goals of the strategic review and upcoming 4th edition of the GGEI.Qualifications
- Experience working with national government agencies on green economy issues as a consultant or through the work of international organizations. This client-level experience is required.
- Familiarity with other global measurement techniques, green economy indicators and comparable global indices dealing with green economy, sustainable development, or green investment on a national or city-level.
- Knowledge of green economy/green growth concepts and trends with a preferred focus on the economic dimension of green economy. A general understanding of global cleantech markets and investment considerations is preferred.
- Track record in the field of economics, environmental economics or related fields.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with passion for contributing to new products and analysis in the space.
- Understanding of general concepts driving strategic communications preferred but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.