TFT (The Forest Trust) is an international fast growing non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
TFT is seeking an experienced and motivated professional keen to work within a dynamic nonprofit that builds partnerships with companies, governments and civil society to drive responsible practices across international supply chains. The successful candidate will a have passion for environmental and social issues, be an outgoing relationship builder, critical thinker, pragmatic problem solver, a collaborative team player, a self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic and diverse work environment.
Responsibilities and scope
- Collaborate with companies, NGO’s and internal teams to develop our approaches into clear compelling solutions that industry can adopt;
- Identify companies and commodities that present opportunities to increase our impact on responsible commodity production;
- Develop relationships with prospective members and other stakeholders;
- Create proposals, negotiate contracts and grow our Membership base in North America;
- Become a subject matter expert on our commodities, approaches to improving responsible commodities;
- Effectively represent TFT at industry events and conferences;
- Support Members and partners in supply chain analysis, mapping, and reporting;
- Develop member-related communication tools and documents;
- Communication with existing Members, including responsibility for managing Member relationships;
- Develop Member work plans collaboratively with Members and other TFT offices;
- Communication with external stakeholders as necessary for outreach and research, and to develop strong relationships with other organizations and experts;
- Support development of tools and process for our global work in palm oil.
- Requirements – Candidate Profile Minimum Qualifications
- University degree or higher in in a field related to business management, the environment, sociology/anthropology or international development;
- 4-6 or more years working in or with businesses, ideally in the manufacturing, agriculture or foresty sectors touching supply chain management, procurement, quality control, environmental management, social impact or labor relations;
- Past success in fundraising, sales, marketing or relationship management;
- Good understanding and high interest in environmental, labor and social responsibility issues;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze systems and identify key issues and risks;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially Excel;
- Interest and motivation for TFT’s vision and mission;
- Strong ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- International work experience is an advantage;
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously;
- Commitment to client confidentiality;
- Flexibility, ability to show initiative and a positive attitude;
- Eager to continually learn and develop as part of a team;
- Knowledge of raw material, food products, agriculture and/or certification (preferred);
- Experience in business development (preferred;
- Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives (preferred);
- Experience in project management (preferred).
- Language skills: Fluency in written and spoken English (other additional languages an advantage)
- Ability to work in small teams with varying workloads
- Capacity to initiate work and manage deliverables independently
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly nature
- High levels of adaptation to a fast paced work environment
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Successful candidates will be contacted by phone or email for an initial interview. Applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Find original post at Devnetjobs.