FAO is looking for an intern in Communication and Knowledge Management. The candidate should have a strong academic background in communication, an experience of the UN system and/or a good knowledge and understanding of the issues related to sustainability.
Duty station: Rome, Italy;
Proposed length of internship: 6 months, starting as soon as possible;
Background and proposed missions: Through its Strategic Objective 2, FAO assists its Member Countries in identifying and implementing policies, strategies and technologies that contribute to sustainable and enhanced provision of products and services from agriculture, forestry and fisheries. A Common Vision for Sustainable Food and Agriculture (SFA) was developed in order to provide a conceptual framework and offer a new approach to achieve this objective.
FAO started piloting the SFA approach in 2014 in collaboration with three countries (Bangladesh, Morocco and Rwanda), with the objective to generalize it at a later stage. Starting 2015, a package of integrated ground interventions, supported by FAO in coordination with country partners (national authorities, civil society organizations, other development partners), will be implemented. In parallel to that process, it is necessary to support the mainstreaming of the Common Vision into FAO activities and to raise awareness on SFA globally.
To support these mainstreaming activities, the Sustainable Food and Agriculture (SFA) team is looking for an intern specialized in communication and knowledge management. Under the overall guidance of the Stream Leader “Mainstreaming”, the direct supervision of the consultant “Sustainable Food and Agriculture” and in collaboration with SFA “Information Management Specialist and graphic designer”, the intern will:
- Contribute to the preparation of the mainstreaming and communication strategy of SFA for 2015 (identification of activities, prioritization, planning)
- Contribute to the implementation of the mainstreaming and communication strategy of SFA for 2015, through:
- SFA web page: Regularly monitor information relevant to SFA from within and outside FAO and prepare it for inclusion in the SFA web page in collaboration with the graphic designer
- Develop, in agreement with FAO communication guidelines, the presence of the group in social media (e.g. Twitter, facebook…)
- Capitalize the documents produced by the working group and manage the SFA workspace on FAO’s Intranet
- Contribute to the identification of international meetings, events and processes relevant to SFA’s work
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external events, workshops and meetings (logistics, invitations, preparation of background materials)
- Contribute to writing articles on the achievements of the group
- Contribute to the development of the SFA contents
- Identify new/interesting reports, articles, points of view, events, etc. for information of the SFA group
- Contribute to finding out relevant information required for the preparation of specific reports
- Contribute to the group’s work on monitoring and indicators
- Fulfill other duties as needed
Applications will be accepted until next Thursday COB (29/01/2015), and Skype interviews should take place the following week. The interested candidates should send their PPF, along with a cover letter, to email@example.com. Conditions of employment for interns are accessible on FAO's website.