CIRAD (Agricultural Research for Development) is hiring a young researcher for 18 months to participate in an impact assessment of agricultural research for development. This researcher will be part of a CIRAD working group aiming at referencing the impact pathways of CIRAD research activities based on an in-depth analysis of twelve diversified case studies
Reference to remind : 2280
Place : Montpellier (France)
Type of contract : 18 months contract
Begining date : February 2015
Each case study will be analyzed by using a common framework which will help the transversal analysis. To assist the coordination team of this working group in monitoring and analyzing the cases, CIRAD is opening this position with the following tasks:
- to follow-up closely the case studies in relationship with case studies leaders and the working group;
- to contribute to the conception of the common database for the case studies then to implement and manage it;
- to contribute to the writing of the final case studies reports along with the case leaders and to monitor the coherence of data and analyses;
- to accompany the organization and the finalization of the transversal analyses with the case studies leaders and the working group
- to organize the edition of the final report and contribute to the promotion of the resuilts through publications
- to support Cirad to share the results within and outside Cirad.
- PhD or post-doctoral fellow in agronomy, veterinary sciences, human and social sciences in a field linked to innovation and development;
- Experience of research in Southern countries will be appreciated;
- Experience in evaluation (and impact assessment) will be appreciated;
- Knowledge related to survey and database management;
- Ability to publish in peer reviewed international journals;
- Experience with teamwork;
- Experience of project or research coordination;
- Fluent in English and French and excellent writing skills.
- Travel to tropical countries (Africa especially)
- Work with computer
- Team work.