From 22 September to 6 October 2014, you are invited to share your experience and opinions about how effective communication and community media really are in rural areas, and to discuss with the guest subject matter experts the success and challenges in the use of ICTs and communication tools and services by family farmers during the e-Agriculture Forum “Communication for Development, community media and ICTs for family farming and rural development”.
This 24th e-Agriculture forum is organized by e-Agriculture Community, along with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters (AMARC).
All the inputs collected during this online event will inform the Forum on Communication for Development & Community Media for Family Farming (FCCM), which will take place at FAO Headquarters in Rome, Italy, from 23 to 24 October 2014.
The panel of distinguished Subject Matter Experts includes:
- Mario Acunzo - Communication for Development Officer | FAO
- Vasuki Belavadi - Chair on Community Media University of Hyderabad | UNESCO
- Pedro Castillo - Proyecto Comunidades Campesinas | CEPES
- Marina Cherbonnier - Web and Communications Manager | YPARD
- Francesco Diasio, Secretary general | AMARC
- Ajit Maru - Senior Knowledge Officer | GFAR Secretariat
- Christiane Monsieur, Coordinator | FAO-DIMITRA
- Oumy Khairy Ndiaye - Independent Consultant
- Michael Riggs - Programme Officer | UN-APCICT/ESCAP
- Alberto Solano - CEO for Latin America | Grameen Foundation
- Reynaldo Trinidad - Director | Agronoticias
- Simon Wandila - Country Representative Zambia | YPARD