|To submit an abstract for the XIV World Forestry Congress, please access our online system. For authentication purposes you can sign in directly with your Google+ or Twitter account; alternatively create a new guest account using your email address. In either case, no personal information other than your name and email address will be available to our system. We recommend using a modern browser in the most recent version, such as Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer 9+.|
√ Please ensure you have the following required information available before beginning the online abstract submission process:
√ The title of your abstract
√ Preferred presentation type (voluntary paper, poster or video)
√ Congress sub-theme relevant to your abstract
√ Name and organization of your co-author/s, if applicable
√ The main text of your abstract
- Abstracts may be in English, French or Spanish.
- The main text of your abstract should not be more than 2,000 characters.
- The title of the abstract should be written in sentence case i.e. initial capital letter, followed by lower case.
- Indicate which of the six Congress sub-themes your abstract is aligned with and include any relevant key words.
- Place any abbreviations in brackets after the word appears for the first time within the body of the abstract.
- If you are submitting an abstract for a voluntary paper or a poster, specify who the intended presenter will be in the event it is chosen for presentation at the Congress. Only one author per abstract can be nominated as the presenter.
- Tables, charts and graphs are not permitted in the abstract.
- All fields need to be filled in unless they are described as optional. When you are ready to submit, please check that no fields have a red border around them. A red border indicates that the information entered does not conform with the required format, and needs to be changed. When all fields are filled in correctly, they will have a green border and the submit button will appear.
- You will be able to access your account to make changes or replace your existing submission until 30 January 2015 (new deadline).
- You may submit more than one abstract, but please avoid submission of several abstracts generated from the same study, project, initiative or experience.
- Submission of abstracts implies the author’s agreement to publish the abstract on the Congress website.
- Abstracts accepted for voluntary papers, posters and videos may be provided upon request to media outlets promoting a specific presentation. Please note that submission of abstracts implies the author’s consent.
Confirmation of your submission
You will receive an automatic email confirming the receipt of your submission with a link to recall or edit the information. This will be sent to the email account you have indicated as “email for correspondence” in the submission form. If you don’t receive the automatic message, please check your spam folder first, and then contact us.
Acceptance of abstracts is at the discretion of the organizers and all authors will be notified by 15 February 2015. If your abstract is accepted you will receive full instructions on how to proceed with the submission of your voluntary paper, poster or video.
Registration for presenters
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay for travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Congress. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
For any queries please write to: WFC-Abstracts@fao.org. If you experience any difficulties with the abstract submission please explain them in detail in your email and we will gladly provide assistance.