The Forest Trust (TFT) is an international non-profit organization that helps international retail and manufacturing companies to source responsibly-produced products, meaning products that respect the environment and improve people’s lives. Since 1999,
TFT’s main focus has been to provide solutions to the issues of deforestation and the empowerment of forest-dependent communities through market-based incentives.
TFT is seeking an experienced and motivated professional, keen to secure a career within a dynamic nonprofit that builds partnerships with companies to drive responsible practices across international supply chains. The successful candidate will a have passion for environmental and social issues, be a critical thinker, pragmatic problem solver, a collaborative team player, a self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic and diverse work environment.
Ecuadorians and non-Ecuadorians are welcome to apply. Foreigners must have legal permission to work in Ecuador.
- Full-time position.
- Start date in February.
- Based in Quito, Ecuador.
- Frequent trips inside Ecuador and potentially to other countries in Latin America.
- Able to work flexible hours (outside 9-5 workday), as required.
Responsibilities and scope
- Project Responsibility for implementing responsible sourcing programs with TFT Member companies;
- Support Members and partners in supply chain analysis, mapping, and reporting;
- Conduct field visits to agriculture and forestry companies in support of better environment, social and labour practices;
- Develop learner-centred workshops in support of better environmental, social and labour practices;
- Develop member-related communication tools and documents
- Communication with Members, including responsibility for managing Member relationships;
- Develop proposals and work plans collaboratively with Members, colleagues and other TFT offices;
- Communication with external stakeholders as necessary for outreach and research, and to develop strong relationships with other organizations and experts;
- Support development of tools and process for our local and global work in palm oil, cocoa and other commodities.
Requirements – Candidate profile minimum qualifications
- University degree or higher in a field related to business management, forestry, rural development, the environment or agriculture;
- 2-4 or more years working in or with the private sector, ideally in the areas of agriculture, environmental management, procurement or quality control;
- Good understanding and high interest in environmental and social responsibility issues;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze systems and identify key issues and risks;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially Excel;
- Interest and motivation for TFT’s vision and mission;
- International work experience is an advantage;
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish. Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Commitment to client confidentiality;
- Eager to continually learn and develop as part of a team.
- Knowledge of raw material, food products, agriculture and/or sustainability certifications;
- Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives;
- Experience in project management.
- Spanish fluency.
- English advance proficiency.
- Passion for working on issues related to sustainability, deforestation and human exploitation;
- Hands-on, practical, innovative;
- Flexibility, ability to show initiative and a positive attitude;
- Takes initiative/proactive and positive attitude;
- Strong ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously.
- Committed to TFT values:
- Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Open collaboration and communication;
- Respect for each other.
Interested candidates filling the above mandatory criteria should send a cover letter and CV via email to email@example.com by January 20, 2018. Please put your last name and ECUPM2018 in the subject line of the email. Successful candidates will be contacted by phone for an initial interview. The position will be open until filled.
Only candidates who send a CV and cover letter will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find the original job advert on the Devnet jobs website.