The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organisation with more than 300 branches at national, regional, district and municipal level all over Germany.
ASB is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
Agricultural Livelihoods Program Manager North Iraq
The Agricultural Livelihoods Program Manager will be in charge of the overall leadership and strategic development of the ASB Agricultural Program in North Iraq in coordination with the Country Representative. This includes the oversight, overall management and budget monitoring of the agricultural rehabilitation operations, liaison with the relevant DoAs, representation of ASB at the cluster and other relevant meetings, taking the lead in defining ASB’s agricultural livelihoods sector strategy in Northern Iraq in the coming years and searching for funding to drive the strategy. He/she will report to the ASB Iraq’s Country Representative and work closely with the Finance/ Admin Manager.
• Project Management: manage the implementation of the agricultural livelihood project, including supervising and monitoring the projects and programmes implemented through local partners. Timely development and submission of required project documentation according to ASB and donor regulations including project case studies, proposals, assessments and evaluations, interim and final project reporting.
• Strategy development: take the lead in defining ASB Iraq’s agricultural livelihoods sector strategy in the coming years and updating and refining the strategy as more information becomes available and as the situation changes.
• Fundraising: take the lead in both researching funding opportunities and ensuring quality proposal submission.
• Representation: liaison and representation activities with the DoA, Government of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government, municipalities where relevant, the United Nations, the INGO community, donors, partners, the Media and other external stakeholders.
• Partnerships & Alliances: maintaining existing, as well as building new agricultural livelihoods partnerships and alliances.
• Financial Oversight: supervision and control of financial expenditures and oversight of financial management systems related to the agricultural livelihoods portfolio to ensure full-compliance with both ASB and donor financial policies, procedures and practices in close cooperation with Admin/Finance.
3) Required Qualifications:
• Degree in agriculture and/or advanced degree in Agriculture or Natural Resources Sciences or a related field.
• Minimum 5 year’s proven experience in technical or operational positions involving rural or agricultural project management.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems, implementing project start-up and using project management tools.
• Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, the private sector and international donors.
• In-depth knowledge of donor regulations, compliance and reporting (preferably FAO, WFP, AA, BMZ, IHPF, EU etc).
• Experience developing sectoral strategic plans.
• Proven understanding of key monitoring and evaluation principles and the ability to analyse and utilize data to direct project activities and track project progress.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Experience managing a budget.
• Experience of complex conflict situations.