In 2019, seven young people, selected from every global region will be named UN Young Champions of the Earth.
These winners will receive: seed funding, intensive training, and tailored mentorship to bring their big environmental ideas to life.
Artists, scientists, economists, communicators and entrepreneurs aged 18 to 30, with big, bold ideas — for our planet, for humanity, for a greener future are eligible to apply.
What do the Young Champions receive?
- In 2019, seven Young Champions of the Earth will be selected from each global region: one from each of Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America, West Asia, and two from Asia and the Pacific. Each winner will receive the following:
- US$15,000 in seed funding;
- US$ 9,000 in funding to communicate and capture your idea and broadcast the stories of hope and change that you’re catalyzing on the ground.
- Attendance at a high-level UN meeting;
- An introduction to dignitaries at the Champions of the Earth Award Ceremony;
- Publicity and recognition through interviews and online and global media;
- Access to a community of Covestro experts offering insights and mentoring; and
- Participation in an entrepreneurial training program.
- The 2019 Young Champions will be required to share their journeys through blogs and vlogs posted on this website for a period of up to one year.
More than just an honorary title, Young Champions of the Earth Prize aims to nurture the next generation of environmental leaders. Up to 50 applicants who clearly articulate their skills requirements and demonstrate a strong willingness to learn will be granted privileged access to mentoring opportunities. They will be able to seek technical guidance and professional advice from a broad community of experts drawn from Covestro’s 16,000 global staff members. These mentors will share their experience through webinars, thematic online roundtables and individual support.
Topics of strategic relevance such as communications, project planning and financial management, will be explored in depth with the aim of strengthening the viability and impact of mentees’ ventures.
Are you one of them? The call is now open!
Submit your application HERE.
Picture credit: UN environment