The ASO Fellowship is now open for applications until 15 July, 2013. The fellowship offers an amount up to US$ 10,000 to fund research in one of the following priority topics:Bioversity International
- Understanding status of and threats to genetic resources of priority forest tree species;
- Methods for conservation and sustainable management of genetic resources of important tree species.
- Be a citizen of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Be a scientist attached to a national university, research institution or a research-oriented NGO
- Be under 40 years of age
- Have at least a Master’s degree, or equivalent, in a field of study relevant to forest genetic resources.