The curtains are almost falling for the YPARD 10 years celebrations. Its been an amazing year of celebrations and never has promoting agriculture among the youth felt this good.
But, it's never over until it's over.
YPARD Cakes Celebrations
In November we take you all the way to India where YPARD India mashed up the celebrations with a session on "youth and agriculture: challenges and opportunities" at the at 4th International Agronomy Congress at ICAR-IARI New Delhi. The event not only invoked special memories from some of the participants (YPARD was officially launched in India in 2006) but also it brought to fore the changes YPARD is doing to bring the youth in agriculture agenda to the table. Read the commentaries by YPARD Nepal communications focal point, Nikita Bhusal and from Dr. Gopal Sankala.
Additionally, following the pace of the celebrations around the globe, the Peruvian team convened the community to blow YPARD 10 years' birthday candles, as part of the activities developed in a very special edition of YPARD Cafe. Read more of this on Daniela Rivas commentary: YPARD Latin party.
The Celebratory Series
In November, Nadia Manning-Thomas, Partnerships Manager at the CGIAR System Management Office, reflected on herself and the role of YPARD and CGIAR in growing talents: Growing together: me, YPARD and CGIAR.
The YPARD 10 Years Videos
We have this gem that are the amazing video testimonials and songs (by the way) by our members from all over the world. As such, we thought of collating them to one central place for ease of accessing them. Have a look at the YPARD 10 Years Ambassadors' Testimonial videos series on our YouTube page.
Particularly, Madan Poudel, a YPARD Nepal member, shares his testimony on how he got many opportunities to discover himself through the YPARD network and why he is so much proud to be a member of it. Read about his story: YPARD and the art of paying it forward and watch his testimonial video on our YouTube page.
Wondering how you can join the celebrations?
As a YPARD member, you form the pillar upon which YPARD activities stand on. You can celebrate the YPARD community by taking part in the "Bake a Cake" campaign, by sending your message video, by organising a YPARD 10 Years themed event or by unleashing your own creativity to celebrate YPARD your own way. Please send and share about your celebrations with email@example.com
Read the October Roundup on Celebrating YPARD10years with cakes, ambassador videos and YPARD country activities.
Read The 2016 Celebratory Blog Series (available in English, French and Spanish)
- January: 10 years of YPARD! What have we learned and where are we going? by Courtney Paisley
- February: A place for young amidst grey haired! by Bala Ramani
- March: YPARD member or having a midlife crisis? by Marlene Heeb
- April: YPARD, the key to access opportunities in agriculture by Sokhna Rokhaya
- May: YPARD and Me: A Fairy Tale and a Timeline by Machteld Scoolenberg
- June: A Network that Every Young Person Dreams To Be Part Of by Allan Migwi and Finding a mentor through a Random Online Search by Duncan Cheruiyot.
- July:Celebrating the ten years of YPARD: A chronicle of the times to come by Robin Robin Bourgeois
- August: Youth, Agriculture, Food and (sustainable) Development- The ‘2016’ agenda by Nidhi Nagabhatla
- September: Let's work together for Rural Development by Jose Luis Zevallos Anfossi
- October: The secret to my youthful spirit by Alessandra Giuliani
- November: Growing together: me, YPARD and CGIAR by Nadia Manning-Thomas