CCAFS is seeking a consultant, possibly an individual who has recently completed a relevant PhD and has carried out operations research, to develop/adapt and evaluate decision support tools, and demonstrate their application at different scales in South Asia. A range of technological, institutional and policy options have been proposed to help agriculture become climate-smart. Some such interventions include weather insurance, spatial weather forecasts, agricultural diversification, stress-tolerant crop varieties, community management of soil and water resources, and policies related to water and carbon management. These interventions have varying costs and economic impacts, and their implementation requires appropriate investment decisions.Tools and methods are needed that can assist different stakeholders prioritize and hence take appropriate strategic interventions to transform South Asian agriculture to being climate-resilient, efficient and adaptive at different scales.Objectives and scope of the work:CGIAR CCAFS Website
- To develop, adapt and evaluate modelling tools that can assist in assessing the relative costs and benefits of available technologies and policy options for adapting to climate change at different scales.
- To develop, evaluate and apply models for food security planning, and support the development of other systems analysis based applications in CCAFS.
- To support capacity strengthening of researchers in adaptation prioritization /systems analysis.
- PhD in modelling, preferably bio-economic, or operational research, with proven expertise in GAMS and handling similar research programs.
- Excellent programing skills
- Excellent English language skills, good interpersonal communication skills, and the capacity to work effectively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment arepre-requisites.