About the project
The mobility scheme EULALinks Sense consists of mobilities in undergraduate, master, doctorate, post-doctorate and staff levels for both Latin Americans and Europeans.
The mobility flows promote multilateral cooperation between partners. Students and staff in host and home universities benefit from the mobility scheme as they come into contact with people from other linguistic and cultural environment. Through the mobility scheme the society is enriched by open-minded and internationally experienced academics and students. This will also increase links between Europe and Latin America in all spheres of society thus contributing to cultural dialogue and mutual understanding.
EULAlinks SENSE Partnership
- Latin America: Colombia (Universidad del Magdalena, Universidad de los Llanos), Costa Rica (Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales), El Salvador (Universidad Centroamericana “José Simeón Cańas”, Universidad de El Salvador), Guatemala (Universidad de San Carlos, Universidad Rafael Landívar), Honduras (Universidad Nacional de Honduras, Universidad Pedagógica Nacional Francisco Morazán), Mexico (Universidad Autónoma de Chapingo, Universidad Veracruzana), Nicaragua (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Nicaragua, Universidad de las Regiones Autónomas de la Costa Caribe Nicaragüense)
- Europe: Austria (University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences), Czech Republic (Czech University of Life Sciences Prague), France (Universite SupAgro Montpellier), Germany (Humboldt University of Berlin), Italy (Sapienza University of Roma), Slovakia (Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra), Spain (Universidad de Córdoba, University of Extremadura).
- To promote bilateral collaboration among European Union and Latin American Institutions.
- To promote an increase in the mobility flow of students and academic staff between the partners and to enable contact between participants from other linguistic and cultural environment.
- To contribute to cultural dialogue and mutual understanding through links between Europe and Latin America.
- To enrich society through mobility scheme for open-minded and internationally experienced academics and students.
The 3rd call for candidates for is open since November 25th, 2016 !!!
Deadline for applications to 3rd call will be the 30th January 2017!
Who can apply?
For Latin Americans:
Our third and last call gives priority to applicants coming from the countries: Honduras ; Nicaragua ; El Salvador; Guatemala
About 33 Mobilities will be granted at the Undergraduate (only exchange), Master (exchange and 12 months term), Doctorate (only exchange), Postdoc and Staff level.
Applications from the group B of countries will be restricted to the academic exchange at the doctoral and postdoctoral level. It means applications from: Colombia; Mexico; Costa Rica
*Participants of the beneficiary group 3 (TG3) are especially welcome*
Nationals of Latin American countries that are not mentioned above are not eligible for the current call.
In the case of European citizens, all citizens of the 28 countries of the European Union may participate in the current call: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, United Kingdom, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Czech Republic, Sweden.
European applicants can apply at the Latin American partner universities belonging to the consortium.
There are a total of 15 scholarships available for undergraduate, PhD and Post-doctoral level (~ 5 places for each category). There are no scholarships available for master and staff.
Duration of EULALinks Sense Grants:
- Undergraduate: For TG1: from 1 academic semester to 1 academic year (10 months max.); For TG3: from 1 academic semester to 3 academic years (36 months max.); not applicable to TG2
- Master: from 1 academic semester to 2 academic years (24 months max.)
- Doctorate: 6-36 months
- Post-doctorate: 6-10 months
- Staff: 1-3 months (not applicable for TG3)
Value of the grants:
The grant consists of three parts
1. Travel costs (according to a set compensation based on the distance)
2. Insurance costs: grant holders are insured by EULALinks or EULALinks Sense (health, travel and accident)
3. Subsistence allowance:
|Mobility Level||Amount of subsistence allowance|
|Undergraduate||1 000 EUR / month|
|Master||1 000 EUR / month|
|Doctorate||1 500 EUR / month|
|Post-doctorate||1 800 EUR / month|
|Staff||2 500 EUR / month|
Co-ordinator at Czech Republic at the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
Contact persons: Petra Chaloupková
Picture credit: EULAlinks sense