GREENPEACE EUROPEAN UNIT IS RECRUITING A
EU Climate & Energy Policy Assistant
(One-year full-time position with possibility of extension)
Greenpeace European Unit is part of the international Greenpeace network, active in over 40 countries worldwide and with three million supporters. Based in Brussels, we monitor and analyse the work of the EU institutions, expose deficient EU policies and laws, and challenge EU decision-makers to implement progressive solutions.
Closing date for applications: 12 January 2015
You have the motivation and skills to research, analyse and campaign for policies that tackle climate change and shift the EU's energy system towards clean and efficient renewable energy use. You are reliable, pay attention to detail, and enjoy working in a dynamic team.
Overall purpose of the position
- To advance global Greenpeace campaign objectives through high-quality advocacy work in the EU institutions and related networking at European level.
- To provide organisational and policy assistance to the climate and energy team.
- Support the climate and energy team in their day-to-day work.
- Monitor and analyse relevant EU & global legislative and political developments.
- Maintain formal and informal contacts within the EU institutions and relevant stakeholders (NGOs, industry, scientists etc.).
- A self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity and ambition
- Academic qualification.
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and their decision-making process.
- Knowledge of EU climate and energy issues.
- Commitment to environmental protection and Greenpeace values.
- Fluency in policy analysis and writing.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Interest and awareness of EU policies and politics.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Additional EU languages will be considered an asset.
Please send your applications (letter of motivation and CV; no photo) to:
Greenpeace European Unit
Mr Stef Van den Eynde
Rue Belliard/Belliardstraat 199
E-mail: European.Unit@greenpeace.org (Please put in the subject line: Climate and Energy Policy Assistant)
Phone interviews for this position will be held from 26 to 30 January 2015.
Face-to-face interviews will be held from 2 to 6 February 2015
We regret that we will only be able to send a reply to candidates who have been short-listed for the interviews. We thank you for your understanding.