TFT (The Forest Trust) is an international fast growing and dynamic non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
TFT currently has offices in 16 countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, Ecuador, India, and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. TFT is seeking an experienced, articulate, well-organized and motivated professional to become our Ecuador country manager based in Quito, Ecuador.
Responsibilities and scope:
- Develop working relationships with local companies, public officials, community and society leaders, and other external stakeholders important to TFT’s work.
- Engage a diverse set of key actors to tackle the challenges of conservation and sustainable agriculture development
- Oversee staff and co-design programs to engage farmers in order to co-create solutions that build resilience and alternative livelihoods.
- Provide leadership to TFT collaborators working directly with local actors to ensure that their voices become part of two-way dialogue with local companies and other regional stakeholders.
- Foster strong relationships with TFT clients and members sourcing from Ecuador, supporting ongoing effective work deployment, providing on-time feedback to email and call inquiries, and sharing expertise as warranted.
- Lead participatory workshops designed to bring together diverse actors in a given region to address key issues impacting sustainable development and conservation.
- Ensure project commitments are met and communicated with local and regional stakeholders.
- Manage projects with multiple objectives, set realistic deadlines, manage a timeline, and ensure accountability.
- Serve as a primary spokesperson for TFT in Ecuador.
- Able to work flexible hours and travel as needed.
- Work is diverse and may not always fall under guidelines listed above.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years related experience in business sustainability, conservation or agriculture.
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to navigate tough negotiations, build strong relationships, build trust and motivate people.
- A track record of working with business, government and/or non-government stakeholders to bring about positive outcomes
- Experience leading teams and supervising people
- Strong organization, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including clear professional reports provided on time. Ability to take complex information and share with varied audiences in a targeted and relevant way to promote understanding and engagement.
- Knowledge of and experience with multi-stakeholder land-use planning.
- A natural planner and organizer, able to prioritize and organize own work schedule, with proven project management skills and experience, effectively driving multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Passion for working on issues related to sustainability, deforestation and human exploitation;
- Hands-on, practical, innovative.
- Takes initiative/proactive and positive attitude.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously.
- Committed to TFT values:
- Focus on action and on-the-ground results; o Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Open collaboration and communication; o Humble;
- Respect for each other.
Interested candidates filling the above mandatory criteria should send a cover letter and CV via email to email@example.com by October 2nd. Please put your last name and ECUCM2017 in the subject line of the email.
Successful candidates will be contacted by phone for an initial interview. The position will be open until filled. Only candidates who send a CV and cover letter will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find the original job advert on the Devnet jobs website.