AGRICRAFT, a new project launched by YPARD Nepal, is excited to invite 30 young professionals into its first webinar entitled “Publishing Scientific Articles: What Should You Know?” on 7- 8th November 2020.
Our world-class young scientists who have good records of publications, reviewing/editorial experiences and follow peer-to-peer learning methods will share their knowledge, experiences and guidance to newcomers who are looking for an opportunity to improve scientific writing skills and get published in reputed journals. This webinar can be highly effective for those students who have recently completed any field or lab works and ready for data analysis, develop a manuscript and thinking about potential journals for their work. It also includes information related to the peer-review process and publication ethics.
Hence, to assist better for selected participants by facilitators, interested individuals are encouraged to submit their draft abstracts during the application process. We expect our participants will improve a way to acquire necessary writing skills and increase confidence and motivation to contribute to the scholar field.
- Dinesh Panday, Ph.D.: Dr. Panday received his Ph.D. in 2020 from the University of Nebraska- Lincoln, United States. His research area includes biogeochemistry, nutrient cycling, simulation model and greenhouse gas emissions, with a focus on soil nitrogen management. Currently, he is working as a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the University of Tennessee- Knoxville. His Publication Records and Reviewer/ Editorial Board Profile are available on Google Scholar and Publons.
- Roshan Babu Ojha: Mr. Ojha, currently a Ph.D. candidate at the University of New England, is a soil scientist to the Soil Science Division, Nepal Agricultural Research Council (NARC) since 2015. Soil nutrient cycling, ecological modeling and pedology are his research interest with the focus on soil organic carbon. He is an awardee of the “Young scientist award” (2017) and “Outstanding Contribution Scientist in Soil Conservation (2018).” His Publication Records and Reviewer/ Editorial Board Profile are available on Google Scholar and Publons.
Priority will be given to those researchers/ students from undergraduate or graduate levels in Nepal who have completed their research work and are in dilemma about how to write and publish their articles in a scientific way.
Interested individuals can submit their application by filling the Google form before 5th November 2020. It is a compulsion to attach the abstract (draft or final version) of your research work and other necessary documents while filling up the form.
All complete submissions will be reviewed by the AGRICRAFT team members and selected participants will be informed through email.
- Call for Application: 29th October 2020
- Application Deadline: 5th November 2020
- Confirmation of Participation: 6th November 2020
- Programme Date: 7- 8th November 2020
Note: This webinar will be conducted via Zoom in the morning schedule based on Nepali Standard-Times. For any questions/comments, please contact Mr. Anil Bastola (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).