Call for Application
The Young Professionals’ Platform for Agricultural Research for Development (YPARD) Nigeria, seeks young, dynamic and talented agriculture professionals for four (4) volunteer positions, - Communications and Awareness Officer, Partnership Officer, Program Officer and Administrative Officer (Secretary).
YPARD is a Young Professional’s Platform for Agricultural Research for Development. It has a mission to serve as a global platform through which young professionals (under 40) can express their ideas and realize their full potential towards dynamic agricultural research for development. YPARD is a movement of young professionals.
It creates spaces for deliberation and interaction. At the heart of YPARD, as a movement, are its members, who are encouraged to become active in their area, spread the news about YPARD to other young professionals, encourage a stronger voice of youth in their own organizations and share their views and ideas with other young professionals in the network.
Generally, selected candidates are expected to contribute to the objectives of YPARD which include:
- To facilitate exchange of information and knowledge among young professionals across disciplines, professions, age and regions.
- To broaden opportunities for young professionals to contribute to strategic ARD policy debates.
- To promote agriculture among young people.
- To facilitate access to resource and capacity building opportunities.
Communications and Awareness Officer- YPARDNG01
- Manage all communications of YPARD Nigeria – including all media outlets i.e. social and traditional media.
- Develop publications that communicate the group’s activities and events.
- Enhancing the visibility of the group to the target audience and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide feedback on the perceptions and attitude of the target audience to group’s activities to aid the development of effective communications strategy.
Partnership Officer- YPARDNG02
- Develop and manage partnership outreach and engagement plans for the group.
- Assume responsibility for supporting various partnership initiatives of the group.
- Provide strategic assistance to Program Officer in developing strategies and processes, as well as in initiating and enhancing partnership relationships with research and development institutions, foundations and the private sector.
- Support projects/programs in all the phases of the partnering process: exploration, proposal writing, and negotiation with partners, budget preparation and review of donor agreements.
- Provide input to the development of partnering policies and planning, as well as report to the National Working Committee (NWC) on issues related to donor funding.
Administrative Officer (Secretary)- YPARDNG03
- Schedule meetings offline and online; prepare agenda for each meeting, follow up for attendance, venue booking, and arranging for needs during a meeting.
- Maintain accurate written records (minutes) of the proceedings of the organization.
- Maintain archives, documents and paperwork, correspondences, activities, events, etc.
- Keep records of organization’s bylaws and rules; maintain record of membership, and list of committees with their members.
- Support other officers in the handling of schedules, tasks and events as and when required.
Program Officer- YPARDNG04
- Receive, review and screen all proposals, inquires and submissions—accepting and refusing appropriate and inappropriate requests.
- Work with grant-seekers whose ideas complement the network’s funding priorities and interests to develop high quality final proposals.
- Compose summary description reports and recommendations for proposals chosen for submission to the Working Committee.
- Monitor progress of approved grants.
- Develop new programming ideas and initiatives to benefit the network.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Country Representative.
- Bachelor degree in Agricultural Sciences, Fisheries & Fisheries Management, natural resources management, and any other related sciences, or communications.
- A registered member of the organization on ypard.net
- Experience with international works, NGOs, youth organizations – even at university level (e.g. IAAS, NAAS, JCI, Rotaract, SIFE etc).
- Access to good internet connection (very important).
- Ability to use MS Office Applications
- Confident and independent-minded, yet open-minded candidates highly desired
- Between 18 and 35 years old
FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2013
Method of Application
Interested candidates should please forward a copy of their current CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly use the Ref No. indicated in front of the position you are applying for as subject for your email.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted two weeks after the deadline.