Deadline: Ongoing recruitmentThe Decision and Policy Analysis Area (DAPA)of the International Centre for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) is seeking English speaking recent graduates for 6-12 month internships. CIAT is an international research center, one of the fifteen global centers of the Consultative Group on International Agriculture Research (CGIAR). Located in Cali, Colombia and working on international projects in Africa, Asia and Central and Latin America, the DAPA Research Area evaluates the effects of climate change, evaluates technology and knowledge gaps, critically analyses environmental and agricultural policy in Latin America, and considers barriers to market access for small, rural producers in developing countries.The interns will gain experience in international research for development, and will be actively encouraged to use the internship as a stepping stone to further education at the masters or PhD level.Expectations:The interns are expected to work on a range of tasks from project and report writing, to analysis of data and publication of peer-reviewed journal articles. The employers seek young, enthusiastic and energetic people with solid English skills, to spend a 6-12 month period of time in our head office in Cali, Colombia. They provide the cost of tickets to and from Colombia, plus a monthly stipend of US$750 (sufficient for basic living in Colombia).Requirements:
- Excellent English skills, including strong capabilities in writing. Knowledge of Spanish is a bonus, but not essential
- Recently graduated at undergraduate or masters level in any of the following disciplines: Economy, Geography, Agricultural Science, Environmental science, Development Studies, Biology, Sociology, Social Communication, Business or other related subject matters
- Interest in applied research for developing countries
- Open to experiencing new cultures and perspectives
- We are especially interested in candidates with an interest in spatial modelling, climate change and data analysis to work on tasks related to theCCAFS program.