About the Position
BRAC USA seeks a highly motivated candidate to work with a dedicated team based in New York City. The Program Manager (PM) will report directly to the Vice President, coordinate with the BRAC UK Senior International Program Advisor, be supported by a shared Associate-level staff member, and work as an integral member of an intimate, highly effective team to support fundraising, strategic and program services, grant making, and communications and outreach.
The Agriculture and Rural Livelihoods portfolio at BRAC USA will include sustainable agricultural and livestock production, post-harvest handling and value addition, access to markets, market strengthening, value and supply chain integration, access to traditional and innovative extension and financial services, and building resilience through agriculture for smallholder farmers in Asia and Africa. The portfolio will have a significant focus on poverty alleviation, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, climate-smart Agriculture, sustainable water use, women’s economic empowerment, and adolescent economic empowerment.
The Program Manager will mobilize resources for, and design and advise on, programs that can generate economic and food security, as well as nutrition outcomes for vulnerable rural groups, especially women. The PM will be expected to stay abreast of research and best practices, and disseminate knowledge to the BRAC family. The PM will also support strategies to encourage partners and policy makers to adopt interventions proven to be effective, based on BRAC’s research and experience. The PM will be expected to share his/her expertise with BRAC USA colleagues on proposal and relationship management for securing US government funding. The PM will be expected to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Program and Resource Development:
• Work with BRAC and BRAC International staff, as well as the BRAC UK Senior International Program Advisor, to identify the funding needs for agriculture and rural livelihoods programs, and develop proposals and budgets, ensuring alignment with defined strategies, capacities, and comparative advantages;
• Support Asian and African country teams to develop new project ideas, innovations, concept notes and research to assist in the development of new projects and initiatives;
• Research and identify donors and funding opportunities for portfolio development and craft resource mobilization strategies, especially from US and Canadian governmental and multilateral sources;
• Keep project records and capacity statements up-to-date and work with Communications staff to build awareness of BRAC and BRAC International’s agriculture programs; and
• Support BRAC UK Senior International Program Advisor in coordinating efforts across the two affiliates in order to minimize redundancy in work, strategy, and requests to BRAC International and BRAC Bangladesh.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, or related field is preferred; and
• A minimum of seven years of rural livelihood experience, including two years of direct field-based experience, is essential.