Terms and conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$700 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. The current amount for Rome is around US$600.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP External Relations Office of the Partnership, Governance and Advocacy Division. The position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy, starting as soon as possible.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Partnership, Governance and Advocacy Division with the following key duties:
- Assist in preparations for Committee on World Food Security meetings on topics such as but not limited to the Sustainable Development Goals, nutrition and support to smallholder farmers.
- Support monitoring, data collection and knowledge management: including updating the RBA Collaboration Database on a regular basis; and keeping track on global RBA initiatives;
- Assist in maintaining a network of RBA focal points at both HQ and regional level;
- Assist in updating internal guidelines such as but not limited to: RBA Collaboration Guidance Material; relevant sections in the Project Design Manual for Country Strategies / projects, etc.;
- Assist in strengthening on-going partnerships with the Rome-based agencies at all levels;
- Keep abreast of FAO and IFAD policies and programmes and undertake research upon request;
- Attend meetings, take notes, prepare briefs, reports and statements, and alert management on strategic issues;
- Assist in analysing various documents and preparing comments from a PGR perspective;
- Perform other duties as required.
Standard minimum qualifications
Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 12 months in the following: political science, international development, development economics, international relations, communications or other related field;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English;
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration;
- Knowledge of the Committee on World Food Security and the other Rome-based Agencies would be an asset;
- Strong writing skills, Coordination and advocacy skills in inter-governmental /inter-agency processes.
Deadline Date: Tuesday, 18 April 2017
Picture credit: Youth opportunities website