The World Food Programme (WTP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Communications Unit of the Berlin Office. The position will be based in Berlin, Germany. The Internship will be for a period of 6 months starting from mid or end of August 2017.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Communications Unit with the following key duties:
- Daily press and media screening
- Write articles, publish and edit stories for the German WFP website
- Assist in preparation of online fundraising materials (newsletter, appeals etc.)
- Provide input for German WFP social media channels, monitor statistics
- Assist in drafting and writing various publications
- Place corporate print ads and videos on a pro bono basis in national media outlets
- Translate documents from German to English and vice versa
- Assist in arranging and preparing interviews and media briefings
- Perform other related duties as required
Standard minimum qualifiactions
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies OR have recently graduated in the last 6 months in Communication, Media, Social Sciences or related studies;
- Have completed at least one relevant internship to the above studies;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Ability to produce high-quality written materials, write clearly and concisely and work within tight deadlines;
- Experience in the fields of social media management, image processing such as Adobe Photoshop, content management systems and writing for the web would be an asset.
- Second UN language would be an asset;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in German and English are required.
Terms and conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. The current amount for Berlin is around US$800.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
14 May 2017
Picture credit: UN Career