The “Meeting urban food needs (MUFN)” project of FAO is looking for an INTERN to work in FAO-Rome for 3.5 months. The candidate must have direct knowledge and experience of youth entrepreneurial development work and is expected to:
1) produce a simple information pamphlet addressed to central and local policy makers and planners as well as to youth leaders, on Food markets at wholesale and retail levels as incubators of youth-led businesses;
2) contribute to the revision of the methodology to analyse complex food systems meeting urban food needs, from the youth entrepreneurial perspective including decent employment conditions.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the MUFN project Coordinator.
The required candidate must:
a) have less than 30 years of age at the time of starting his/her assignment with FAO (expected to start asap, depending on the availability of the selected candidate);
b) must have graduated within the last 2 years and hold a postgraduate degree in a relevant topic obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list;
c) have specific knowledge and experience in youth entrepreneurial development;
d) have excellent knowledge of English (level C – both oral and written) and working knowledge (level B) of either Spanish or French;
e) have advanced knowledge of the following programmes such as: Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Access;
f) be available for an interview via Skype;
g) send his/her CV to: MUFN@fao.org;
h) review – prior to sending in his/her application – the employment conditions and
application procedure for INTERNS: (http://www.fao.org/employment/opportunities-for-students-and-young-graduates/internship-programme/en/)
as well as the “Frequently Asked Questions”
Coordination Unit Project “Meeting urban food needs” - AGS, FAO, Rome, Italy E: email@example.com - Skype: FAO-MUFN
- Candidates who applied in response to the call for intern on “Self-employment opportunities for youth within expanding food systems meeting urban food needs”, issued in September 2014, need not apply again;
- Candidates who do not fulfil conditions a, b, c, d, e, f and g above, should not apply.
- Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. Please do not contact FAO requesting information on the outcome of your candidature.
- Closing date of the second call: 15 November 2014.
Related information :