Heinrich Boell Foundation South Caucasus Regional Office will consider the initiatives of grant seeker organizations, initiative groups or individuals from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia who respond to the following goals of the Foundation:
- An open inclusive political culture provides space for public participation, which gives input into the green trend of the socio-economic transformation in the South Caucasus.
- Gender equality and gender diversity issues are accepted and a broad and informed discussion takes place in public and in political circles in the South Caucasus.
- Political elites and civil actors in the South Caucasus work together on pragmatic steps for conflict prevention and conflict transformation.
Areas of operation
Heinrich Boell Foundation South Caucasus Regional Office supports following activities:
- Civic participation for sustainable urban development, Climate change mitigation and sustainable energy systems;
- Gender democracy;
- Memory policies and rethinking the Soviet Past;
- Supporting the dialogue in the South Caucasus for peace and development.
Within the framework of the topic “Civic participation for sustainable urban development; Climate change mitigation and sustainable energy systems”, the Foundation will give the priority to the proposals which promote and encourage civil activities and/or political education in the following directions:
- Promoting green approaches and participative model for the city;
- Humanitarian and social aspects of urban development;
- Protection of cultural and natural heritage;
- Enhancing awareness about sustainable urban planning; Diversification of energy policy (renewable energy, energy efficiency, environmentally friendly energy products and seeking alternative energy sources).