The goal of the competition is to provide young people with different backgrounds, to address global problems and find solutions through the development level of knowledge in DRR and Climate Change. Theme: The role of younger generation on actions required to accelerate implementation of the Hyogo Framework of Action at a local level, and the role of youth in Climate Change Adaptation Requirements:
- The essay should be original and unpublished, in the English language and of no more than 6,000 words in length (approximately 30 pages), including footnotes or endnotes.
- A reasonable amount of illustrative and tabular material will be welcome.
- The essay must be typed using a standard font (Times New Roman, 11 point font), single space paragraphs, double space between paragraphs, and double space after a heading. Include a cover page that lists the name, mailing address and e-mail address of the student, the college or university, and the student's current status, i.e., sophomore, junior, 1st year MA, etc.
- Nov 30, 2012: Deadline for all essay submissions
- Dec 7, 2012: Winners announced
- Dec 17, 2012: The winners will be invited to make an oral presentation about the paper at the Award Ceremony
- Dec 18, 2012: Prize ceremony