This position is only for national Egyptian citizens holding an Egyptian nationality.
Contract Duration: 1 Year renewable.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
Job holders are likely to be working under the close support and guidance of a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. They are typically involved in programme or policy activities or similar nature and analytical work of limited complexity.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Regional Programme Advisor (Programme Cycle) and in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation and other functional teams, the Programme Officer will be responsible for the below tasks:
- Assist to review the project/budget revision documents and ensure consistency of the project statistics and logframes with the Narratives.
- Follow up with relevant Programme Sections and other Units to ensure timely technical inputs for the project documents.
- Coordinate with HQ and arrange for e-PRPs and s-PRPs; and ensure timely responses to e-PRP comments and sufficiently addressing/incorporating the comments in the final project documents.
- In close coordination with RB COMET focal points, ensure that the CO has entered and/or updated the project statistics, Logframes COMET for all projects in the region and update timely and ensure consistency with the BRs.
- Post documents on team space/public drive/SPA all documents related to programme cycle;
- Maintain/set up a mini database to track all related documents;
- Coordinate with COs and track the schedules for the submissions of project documents.
- Develop an alert system for project reviews and document submissions.
- Update the project calendars.
- Participate in the review of the standard project reports
- Support the implementation of the RBC integrated roadmap
- Perform other tasks as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of corporate reporting requirements and beneficiary counting
- Knowledge of information management principles, with the ability to identify and present data for different reporting and management purposes
- Practical knowledge on programme implementation and operational processes, including corporate materials on project cycle management, programme inputs to budget and supply chain processes, partnerships and tracking output level data to be presented for management decisions, programme adjustment and donor reporting.
- Knowledge of data quality control and assurance mechanisms
- Knowledge on how to work with relevant technology and procedures to collect, organize, share and use corporate information
- Excellent command in EXCEL and preparation of presentations
- Strong writing and communication skills in English and Arabic
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Language: International Professional: Fluency in both spoken and written English and Arabic languages.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
• Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
• Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 28th February 2017