Today’s generation of young people is the largest in history. In a world of high and chronic unemployment, with an economy that needs new jobs to recover from the world economy crises and the market crash that began in 2007, the solution lies on entrepreneurs. Governments can’t create real and sustainable jobs. To create real and descent jobs, we need more entrepreneurs.
The International Summit on Entrepreneurship and Job Creation is one of the solutions; it is an urgent response to the global crisis of youth unemployment. This two-day event explores how job opportunities can be created for a billion young people entering the global workplace over the next decade.
Organized by YES Cameroon (Youth Employment Service) with a host of partners, this Summit which is in its second edition will showcase innovative job creation initiatives; share best practice in delivering employability skills training and develop cost effective job policy measures.
The summit offers an exclusive and engaging opportunity for policy makers, researchers, educators, government officials, diplomatic missions, business executives, civil society leaders, successful entrepreneurs and managers, academicians, students and unemployed youth to discuss, dialogue, share ideas on best practices and exchange their experiences on the major challenges and advances in enterprise and job creation for action to be taken.
The summit will center on the theme: “entrepreneurship and innovation: unleashing the nation’s economy potentials”.
The summit will bring together, government officials, policy makers, diplomatic missions, business executives, civil society leaders, successful entrepreneurs and managers, academicians, students and unemployed youth. To discuss, dialogue, share ideas on best practices, on the theme “entrepreneurship and innovation: unleashing the nation’s economy potentials”.
The summit will focus on round table discussions, symposiums, panel discussions, fish bowl discussions, workshops and training.
The summit will inspire, connect, and engage, policy makers and people of all works of lives.
Discusssions Topics (Panel Sessions, Fish Bowl, and Workshop)
The discussions topics during the summit will run through; conferences, workshops, symposium, plenary sessions, case study, fish bowl discussions. Highlights will includes;
- Shaping the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- How can Government & Financial Institutions support startups
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystems, agri-business and green jobs
- Social Entrepreneurship: a tool for nation building
- Advancing IT Solutions for Entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurship Education: A Success Factor to job creation
- Overcoming your corporate competitors
- Changing the mindset of the youth from; how do I get a job to how do I create 10 jobs?
- New markets ventures and business partnership for entrepreneurs
- High level plenary sessions
- Training workshops
- Business dinner and awards
- Celebrate the Global Entrepreneurship Week in Cameroon
- Develop a policy paper on entrepreneurship and job creation
- Create and set up sustainable enterprises
- Inspire, mentor and connect young entrepreneurs
- Engage policy makers and other stakeholders to see the importance of entrepreneurship in the nation’s economy
- Network and Create partnership