Current and future rural youth work leaders are to gain qualifications for their local, regional and supraregional tasks with new, modern contents and methods.
Skills are to be conveyed to the participants so that they can help young people in rural areas to improve their living conditions.
They are to be motivated to take on responsibility for the sustainable development of their region and learn to plan, organise and conduct their own activities and campaigns to suit their requirements.
Through the international exchange of experiences and build-up of a network of experts during the workshop, the participants are given important impulses for rural youth work in their home countries.
In this way, experiences and knowledge can be shared even after the workshop has ended.
Criteria for participation
Participants should be:
- leaders and multipliers in charge of youth work or vocational training in rural areas.
- between 25 and 45 years of age.
- able to actively participate and contribute in one of the three languages of the workshop.
- continually present throughout the entire workshop.
- A good, active command of at least one of the three workshop languages (German, English or French) is a prerequisite.
- Participants must be able to deliver speeches, present results and lead discussions in the chosen language.
- For conversational purposes, knowledge of a second (or third) language is desirable.
The seminar is in English, French and German.
Deadline for applications: December 31, 2014.