What we do
Exchange of information and connecting people
- Developing e-services for information dissemination and networking through YPARD website. Information provision relates to funding, jobs, events, news, resources for and about young professionals in Agricultural Development.
It also includes monthly newsletters, funding news bulletin twice a month and selectively disseminated announcements.
- Developing a mentorship program
Pilote project of a mentoring programme, peer-to-peer and solicitation of experienced professionals to support youth's cause.
Organisation and active participation to thematic, political and strategical meetings and debates
Participating actively in various meetings including thematic, strategic and policy debates – on-line and off-line. As for example:
YPARD organises online events like special series of blog posts, e-discussions, picture and video contests, etc.
Express, share and discuss your views, knowledge and ideas on youth and agriculture with YPARD community!
- launch a discussion or contribute to existing debates on the forum and/or
- create a blog post: a dedicated place where you can share any information and thoughts you think valuable for YPARD community
YPARD participates to key events in Agricultural Development in order to give a voice to the youth and bring on table youth specific issues.
- CGIAR Science Forum
- AfricaAdapt conference
- 1st Global ShareFair edition
- European Forum on Rural Development
- The World Food Prize
Promote agriculture among young people
- Study and Support for the development of adapted curricula
- Awareness campaigns
Organizing and strengthening local bases of YPARD members in selected regions
Workshop and trainings
Finding grants and cooperating with regional actors leading to a long term sustainability of activities. YPARD, for example, partners in organizing workshops and commission a number of studies for further capacity building actions.
- VIT Grant, India: Grant writing trainings, in partnership with Terra Viva Grant
- Grant Writing Training, Kenya
- Youth, ICT and Agricultural Innovation, Kenya in partnership with ACTS
YPARD initiates and coordinates studies, in order to implemente activities adapted to needs of capacity building.
- Cartography of youth organizations
- Study on young professionals' profile in the 21st century