Georg Forster Research Award: Apply to Win Upto EUR 60,000!
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is inviting researchers for its Georg Forster Research Award recognising renowned academics from the developing and transition countries.
The objective of the Georg Forster Research Award is to honour the recipients’ life’s work to date.
Award winners are invited to conduct a research project of their own choosing in Germany in close collaboration with a specialist colleague.
- The award amount totals €60,000. In Germany, research awards are generally exempt from income tax under German tax law.
- To support the collaboration, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation may grant additional funding of up to €25,000, particularly for participating in scientific conferences, additional material resources, e.g., specialist literature and scientific equipment for the nominee’s own institute, as well as for involving junior researchers.
- Travel allowances may also be granted to spouses and children under 18 years provided they take up residence with the award winner in Germany for a period of at least 6 months.
- Academics of all disciplines, from developing and transition countries, except China and India are eligible for nomination.
- Applicants must have had their main residence and place of work in 1 of these eligible countries for at least 5 years.
- The nominee’s outstanding academic qualifications must be internationally recognised and documented by successes in research, such as well-received academic publications or previous awards.
- Applicants likely to continue to be an active, academically influential researcher in the coming years, with regard to the development of the nominee’s own county, and be exceptionally qualified to continue developing research-based solutions to meet the specific challenges facing transition and developing countries.
- Nomination of qualified female researchers is particularly encouraged.
- Nomination has to be done by an established academic employed by a university or research institution in Germany.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the nomination form, available on the website, in order to apply.