3rd Future Agro Challenge Global Championships
|Date:||Start in 12 Mar 2017
End in 15 Mar 2017
|Location:||Johannesburg, South Africa Sudáfrica|
Future Agro Challenge (FAC) is a global competition that discovers innovate fundable food and agribusiness startups from various corners of the globe addressing national, regional and global challenges. FAC provides key tools and opportunities to help them grow their business and expand them into new markets. FAC, a featured event of Global Entrepreneurship Week, is working to make a difference on a global level by increasing interaction amongst agro innovators, entrepreneurs, and stakeholders by addressing national policies and challenges.
There is not one simple solution to any of the complex global challenges of feeding the estimated growing population of 9 billion people by 2050. FAC was ignited in Greece, at the crossing of three continents, is rich in diversity in both wild and cultivated plant species, has developed its botanical and agricultural practices for millennia, and the source of the famous Mediterranean diet, and has grown into a global competition. As FAC takes root in each joining nation, the knowledge base is enriched with a transfer of ideas and solutions. Each nation and region brings a new perspective, having overcome different obstacles and offering different facets of innovation.
While disruptive solutions are being created across regions, individuals and visionaries often feel overwhelmed by the complexities to integrate in the agricultural ecosystem.
We believe discovering solutions to global challenges should not be so complicated.
FAC supports agro visionaries, startups, farmers, manufacturers, and distributors from countries across several continents. The most promising ideas and ventures are selected to compete in the International Finals for the title of the ‘Most Innovative Agribusiness of the Year’.
The aims of the Future Agro Challenge are:
- To foster innovation in agriculture
- To encourage technology and methodology incorporating Evergreen Practices (to increase food production and efficiency in a sustainable manner, reducing greenhouse gases and carbon and water footprints)
- To upgrade agricultural education and training
- To revolutionize the approach to healthy lifestyle and nutrition
- To promote business and investment opportunities in agri business
- To grow a global community of experts, investors, and innovators
Who can apply
- In order to participate, startups need to meet the following criteria:
- Exists no longer than 5 years
- Be proficient in the English language
- Have a scalable and innovative business idea or model
- Idea / concept: idea clearly explained
- Pitching skills: persuasive and capturing presenting of idea
- Innovation: breakthrough in idea, business model, or design
- Scalability: does this business idea have a market potential globally or regionally. What is the capability of creating job positions
- Health: a healthy process for production or consumption
- Design: innovative in design
- Friday, January 13th, 2017: Startup applications close
- January 20th, 2017: International finalists announced
- March 15th, 2017: Global Championships in Johannesburg, South Africa
- National deadlines might differ from the International Deadline mentioned above. All applicants are requested to check with their National Host regarding their National Competition Deadlines. If your country requires VISA arrangements, contact your host listed here.
- If your host is not listed, please contact us. Please keep in mind some countries may require up to two months for VISA arrangements.
- Applications are now open! Please submit your entry here.
The winner will have the opportunity to be awarded as the best agro innovator of the year and will receive ample media attention. Additional resources to help increase clientele basis of the winning startup will be announced soon! Stay tuned!
Picture credit: Future Agro Challenge